Recent IDC cloud research shows that spending on public IT cloud services is expected to be more than $107 billion in 2017. Over the 2013–2017 forecast period, public IT cloud services will have a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.5%, five times that of the industry overall.
By 2017, IDC expects public IT cloud services will drive 17% of the IT product spending and nearly half of all growth across five technology categories: applications, system infrastructure software, platform as a service (PaaS), servers, and basic services. Software as a service (SaaS) will remain the largest public IT cloud services category, capturing 59.7% of revenues in 2017.
- Private Cloud -is cloud infrastructure operated solely for a single organization, whether managed internally or by a third-party like G/S Solutions, and hosted either internally or externally. Undertaking a private cloud project requires a significant level and degree of engagement to virtualize the business environment, and requires the organization to reevaluate decisions about existing resources. When done right, it can improve business, but every step in the project raises security issues that must be addressed to prevent serious vulnerabilities.
- Hybrid Cloud- is a composition of two or more clouds (private, community or public) that remain distinct entities but are bound together, offering the benefits of multiple deployment models. Gartner, Inc - defines a hybrid cloud service as a cloud computing service that is composed of some combination of private, public and community cloud services, from different service providers. A hybrid cloud service crosses isolation and provider boundaries so that it can’t be simply put in one category of private, public, or community cloud service. It allows one to extend either the capacity or the capability of a cloud service, by aggregation, integration or customization with another cloud service.
- Public Cloud- is when the services are rendered over a network that is open for public use. Public cloud services may be free or offered on a pay-per-usage model. Technically there may be little or no difference between public and private cloud architecture.
- VMware vRealize Suite is a cloud management platform purpose-built for the hybrid cloud. It enables IT to deliver infrastructure and applications at the speed of business with the control IT requires.
- SoftLayer - gives you the highest performing cloud infrastructure available. One platform that takes data centers around the world that are full of the widest range of cloud computing options, and then integrates and automates everything.
Our cloud solutions specialist help define optimization goals and connect existing infrastructure with new cloud components. They will also assist you with the strategy, assessment, adoption and deployment of your cloud computing solution. We analyze your existing infrastructure and software, then help you quantify the potential benefits of adopting a cloud strategy across your organization.
Cloud computing is essentially a shift in the way services and infrastructure are utilized to drive substantial results in cost savings and management flexibility. It allows you to dynamically increase or decrease your capacity on demand within days instead of weeks.
Our cloud team provides expert advice such as technology evaluation, selection, design, implementation, deployment, testing, efficiency assessments and adherence to industry best practices.
The main enabling technology for cloud computing is virtualization. G/S Solutions virtualization expertise can help you develop a plan that separates a physical computing device into one or more "virtual" devices, this can be with software or hardware each of which can be easily used and managed to perform computing tasks. A strong virtualization strategy provides the agility required to speed up IT operations, and reduces cost by increasing infrastructure utilization. Every good cloud strategy starts with a plan and G/S Solution can assist you and your team with our years of expertise.