IBM announced its latest product to address the growing all-flash market via a live webcast. The FlashSystem V9000 and FlashSystem 900 provide the raw horsepower to satisfy even the most demanding workloads and provide up to four times more capacity in less rack space in comparison to EMC's XtremeIO flash products.
IBM has added two new products to its all-flash enterprise storage FlashSystem portfolio, which it claims offer industry-leading performance to help customers lower costs and accelerate data-intensive applications and infrastructure.
- Accelerate critical applications with the scalable performance of IBM® FlashCore™ Technology
- Deploy all-flash storage for less than the cost of hard-disk drives (HDDs) with IBM Real-time Compression™
- Harness the power of data using storage virtualization powered by the ultra-low response times of IBM MicroLatency™
- Accelerate time to value with agile, easy-to-implement, fully-integrated systems
- Protect your data with a full suite of disaster-recovery tools including snapshots, clones and replication
- Achieve advanced virtualization, provisioning and performance management with IBM Virtual Storage Center
- Leverage advanced flash management features including IBM Variable Stripe RAID™ technology, IBM-engineered error correction codes, overprovisioning capabilities, ultra-fast write buffers and hardware-based data offloads
- Achieve even higher capacity densities than previous IBM FlashSystem models and leverage an offload encryption engine, high-speed internal interfaces, and full hot swap and storage capacity scale-out capabilities
- Provide flexibility and extend functionality to virtualized external storage capacity with management of up to 32 PB of external storage by a single IBM FlashSystem V9000 array
FlashSystem V9000 offers the advantages of software-defined storage at the speed of flash. These all-flash storage systems deliver the full capabilities of the hardware-accelerated I/O provided by FlashCore Technology. FlashSystem V9000 also delivers the enterprise reliability of MicroLatency™ modules and advanced flash management, coupled with a rich set of the features found in the most advanced software-defined storage solutions. These include Real-time Compression, dynamic tiering, thin provisioning, snapshots, cloning, replication, data copy services and high-availability configurations.