VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager is a disaster recovery solution that provides automated orchestration and non-disruptive testing of centralized recovery plans for all virtualized applications.
vCenter Server performs 3 key functions:
- Visibility which allows you to configure ESX servers and VM's, as well as monitor performance throughout the entire infrastructure, using events and alerts. The objects in the virtual infrastructure can be securely managed with roles and permissions.
- Scalability across hundreds of ESX servers and thousands of VM's. Using Linked Mode, you can also manage multiple vCenter servers with the same vSphere client.
- Automation which allows the vCenter Server to trigger alerts. The Orchestrator feature in vCenter server allows you to automate hundreds of actions.
What vCenter Site Recovery Manager Does:
- Disaster Recovery at Half the Cost Lower the cost disaster recovery by up to 50 percent by reducing the DR footprint through hyper-converged infrastructure that runs on any x86 platform, simplifying protection through VM-centric policy-based replication and decreasing operational expenses through DR automation.
- One-Click Recovery Provision and manage storage and replication policies at the virtual machine level. Setup centralized recovery plans in minutes. Enable individual tenants to provision disaster protection through pre-defined policies. Perform fully automated orchestration of site failover, planned migrations and failback with a single click.
- Test to Rest Perform automated testing of recovery plans in an isolated network to avoid impacting production applications. Test recovery plans as frequently as needed without disruption to ensure predictability of recovery time objectives (RTO) and to simplify regulatory compliance.
- No Apps Left Behind Expand DR protection to all virtualized applications through flexible, cost-effective vSphere Replication, application-agnostic disaster recovery automation by Site Recovery Manager, support for a broad range of array-based replication products available from G/S Solutions as well as, cloud-based disaster recovery services.