Server virtualization is a technology for partitioning one physical server into multiple virtual servers. Each of these virtual servers can run its own operating system and applications, and perform as if it is an individual server. This makes it possible, for example, to complete development using various operating systems on one physical server or to consolidate servers used by multiple business divisions.
Our years of experience in designing, installing and implementing virtualization solutions for our customers has put G/S Solutions at the forefront of this technology. With our expertise in operating systems, virtualization software, and hardware required for successful implementations, we are able to provide complete end-to-end solutions. Our satisfied customers speak highly of the partnership they’ve developed with G/S Solutions, one based on expertise, efficiency and cost-consciousness.
G/S Solutions has the experience and expertise to work with your team to develop, design and implement a complete Virtualization Solution with AIX, System i O/S, Linux and Windows.
Benefits of Virtualization include:
- Reduce the number of physical servers by consolidating multiple workloads, including those on underutilized servers.
- Virtualizing adapters reduces the hardware requirements, since these adapters can now be shared across multiple LPARS.
- Aggregation of system resources, such as CPUs, memory and storage into shared pools allows for dynamic reallocation between multiple workloads.
- Ability to utilize current SAN technology, including replication, thin provisioning and de-duplication and share storage with other platforms such as Windows.
- Live Partition Mobility, which allows for moving an active LPAR from one server to another to allow for system maintenance with no downtime.
- Consolidation of multiple workloads, including those on underutilized servers and systems with varied and dynamic resource requirements.
- Rapid deployment and scaling of workloads to meet changing business demands is does not require additional hardware and therefore no downtime.
Virtualization can help manage overall risk, improve service levels, and has the benefit of minimizing system complexity. From a cost standpoint, this reduces IT infrastructure and administrative costs. The better utilization of server hardware also improves total cost of ownership (TCO). Additionally, live partition mobility of active workloads between physical servers allows for platforms upgrades, system balancing, and can also help avoid outages for planned downtime.
When it comes to a successful implementation of server consolidation and virtualization, businesses have chosen G/S Solutions. Our years of experience implementing virtualization on multiple platforms with our expertise in design, installation, and migration services, puts G/S at the forefront of IBM virtualization technology. Our satisfied clients speak highly of the partnership they've developed with G/S Solutions, one based on expertise, knowledge efficiency and cost consciousness.
Storage virtualization is a critical component of IT virtualization. Benefits of server virtualization-such as improved utilization, flexibility, responsiveness, workload mobility and disaster recovery -can be limited if only part of the infrastructure is virtualized. Storage virtualization is also one of the foundations for effective cloud deployment and software defined infrastructures. G/S Solutions has the experience in designing and implementing storage virtualization solutions and we are able to provide complete end-to-end solutions. Our satisfied customers speak highly of the partnership they’ve developed with G/S Solutions, one based on expertise, efficiency and cost-consciousness.
Benefits of Storage Virtualization include:
- Thin provisioning - Supports business applications that need to grow dynamically, while consuming only the space actually used
- Automated Tiering - Provides automatic and intelligent migration of frequently accessed data elements to high-performing drives or flash storage and less used data to less expensive disk
- Real-time Compression - Improves efficiency by storing up to five times as much active primary data in the same physical disk space. By significantly reducing storage requirements, you can use the improved efficiency to reduce storage costs, or achieve a combination of greater capacity and reduced costs
- Unified storage systems - Combines block and file storage requirements into a single system for simplicity and efficiency. Provides a single user interface for managing both block and file storage, to streamline administration
- Non-disruptive data migration - One of the major benefits of abstracting the host or server from the actual storage is the ability to migrate data while maintaining concurrent I/O access.
- Improved utilization - Utilization can be increased by virtue of the pooling, migration, and thin provisioning services.
- Fewer points of management - With storage virtualization, multiple independent storage devices, even if scattered across a network, appear to be a single monolithic storage device and can be managed centrally.
Storage virtualization can help manage overall risk, improve service levels, and has the benefit of minimizing system complexity. From a cost standpoint, this reduces IT infrastructure and administrative costs. The better utilization of your storage also improves total cost of ownership (TCO).
When it comes to a successful implementation of storage consolidation and virtualization, businesses choose G/S Solutions. Our years of experience implementing storage virtualization with our expertise in design, installation, and migration services, puts G/S at the forefront of IBM storage virtualization technology. Our satisfied customers speak highly of the partnership they’ve developed with G/S Solutions, one based on expertise, knowledge, efficiency and cost-consciousness.
Atlantis ILIO - is a 100% software solution that changes the way Citrix XenDesktop /XenApp and VMWare Horizon (with View) consume storage, reducing storage requirements by up to 90% and delivering virtual desktops and applications that are faster and more cost effective. Atlantis HyperDup Content-Aware Data Services processes all IO on server RAM before it hits primary storage to minimize IO by up to 95% and reduce run time storage footprint by up to 90%.
Atlantis USX is a software defined storage solution that delivers the performance of an all-flash storage array at half the cost of traditional SAN or NAS or DAS storage and accelerate its performance by up to 10 times, while at the same time consolidating storage to increase storage capacity by up 10 times. With Atlantis USX, enterprises can avoid purchasing additional storage for more than 5 years, meet the performance needs of any application without buying new or faster storage hardware, and transition seamlessly from costly shared storage systems to lower cost hyper-converged and public cloud storage.
VMware VSphere - Virtualize Your IT Infrastructure. Virtualization enables today's X86 computers to run multiple operating systems and applications, making your infrastructure simpler and more efficient. Applications get deployed faster, performance and availability increase and operations become automated, resulting in IT that's easier to implement and less costly to own and manage.
PowerVM software is the basis for virtualization on IBM Power servers. Using PowerVM, you can create Virtual I/O servers (VIO) that own the physical hardware including Ethernet adapters and fibre adapters (aka Host Bus Adapters or HBAs). These VIO servers can share, or “virtualize”, those adapters across multiple application Logical Partitions (LPARs). These VIO servers can support any combination of AIX, System i O/S and Linux operating systems
Allow our G/S team of expertise to come in and conduct a Consolidation Assessment which will allow you to reduce your cost permanently and increase the productivity of your IT environment.
A successful consolidation of complex server and storage environments depend on thorough awareness of each customer’s individual goals, objectives and success criteria as well as a comprehensive understanding of the infrastructure, applications and databases to be consolidated. Our years of experience in designing, installing and implementing virtualization solutions for our clients has put G/S Solutions at the forefront of this technology. With our expertise in operating systems, virtualization software, and hardware required for successful implementations, we are able to provide complete end-to-end solutions.
The G/S Consolidation and Virtualization Methodology
- Discovery: Develop a detailed understanding of your infrastructure, applications and business processes.
- Analysis: Evaluate the information and requirements defined in the Discovery phase and begin to formulate recommendations.
- Recommendations: Use data and requirements compiled or generated in the Analysis phase to develop recommendations for a robust, optimized and supported consolidation environment.
There is no "one size fits all" technology infrastructure. This is especially true when it comes to consolidation and virtualization, as no two solutions are the same. You want a customized solution from a company that will take the time to analyze your system and understand your needs. G/S is an IT infrastructure services company that lends its knowledge, experience and credibility to bring you consolidation and virtualization that maximize your Return on Investment, minimize your Total Cost of Ownership, and improve your server and storage utilization and improve your overall IT efficiency.